Friday, August 30, 2013

Stops the last couple mornings...more shorebirds


Solitary Sandpiper, Arcadia, Aug 30, 2013
Lesser Yellowlegs, Hadley, Aug 30, 2013
Least Sandpipers, Arcadia, Aug 30, 2013
Killdeer with Least Sandpiper, Wood Ducks and Canada Geese, Arcadia, Aug 30, 2013
Arcadia marsh, Aug 30, 2013
Today I made a few stops on my way to work including a stop in Hadley and one at Arcadia.  In Hadley I had a Pectoral Sandpiper, two Solitary Sandpipers, three Semipalmated Sandpiper, 18 Least Sandpipers and four Lesser Yellowlegs.  Arcadia produced a nice selection of shorebirds on the extensive mudflats there including three Solitary Sandpipers, three Spotted sandpipers, a Semipalmated Sandpiper, 21 Least Sandpipers, a Lesser Yellowlegs and four Killdeer.  In addition I had an Osprey as well as a calling Yellow throated Vireo among the nearly 40 species around the marsh area. 

Pectoral Sandpiper, Hadley, Aug 29, 2013

Mallards (part of the 217 present), Winsor Dam, Aug 29, 2013
Yesterday I also made a few brief stops before work with my first stop being Winsor Dam where I had 217 Mallards as well as a couple each of Green winged Teal and Wood Ducks out on the waters of the reservoir.  I then headed west with a stop along the river in Hadley where I had a selection of shorebirds including a couple Solitary Sandpipers, a Pectoral Sandpiper, a Semipalmated Sandpiper and 32 Least Sandpipers as well as a Lesser Yellowlegs.  This area continues to be productive for shorebirds and will probably continue to be unless the water level rises.


No comments:

Post a Comment