Thursday, January 3, 2013

Another day around the lodge -Dec 18


Golden hooded Tanager, Rio Magnolia Lodge, CR, Dec 18, 2012
Silver throated Tanager, Rio Magnolia Lodge, CR, Dec 18, 2012
Butterfly (species unknown-if anyone knows, let me know), Rio Magnolia Lodge, CR, Dec 18, 2012

On December 18th I spent another day around Rio Magnolia Lodge and yet again had a nice variety of birds.  The next day we would make the trip past San Isidro to Los Cusingos.

Meanwhile back here at home the temperature this morning was a bone chilling 0 degrees and it 'warmed' to the low 20's.  Certainly a feel of mid winter has set in.  I tried my luck once again in trying to find the Gyrfalcon that has been seen in the Hadley area.  No luck again but I only had very short time to look.  It was indeed seen a few times others during the day today so perhaps tomorrow I will finally have some luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment