Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Long weekend trip to Northern Vermont and nearby New York

Button Bay SP, Ferrisburgh, NY, Sep 24, 2016
Mt Philo SP, Charlotte, VT, Sep 24, 2016
Fort Ticonderoga, NY, Sep 25, 2016
Fort Ticonderoga viewed from Mount Defiance, Ticonderoga, NY, Sep 25, 2016
Made a long weekend trip up to northern Vermont and adjacent New York with a number of stops including some parks in Vermont along Lake Champlain and Fort Ticonderoga in New York.  Not a birding trip but I nonetheless came across a number of new species for both Vermont and New York with 45 new species in Vermont bringing my state total there to 67 and five new species for New York bringing my state total there to 123.  I was able to indulge my inner history geek a bit too.

Yellow Warbler, Arcadia, Northampton, MA, Sep 27, 2016
Yellow Warbler, Arcadia, Northampton, MA, Sep 27, 2016
Dickcissel, Arcadia, Northampton, MA, Sep 27, 2016
On my way to work yesterday I had very little time to check anywhere plus it was foggy in most locations and quite cool with temperatures around freezing.  When I got out of work today the rain from overnight was just ending so I made a couple quick stops looking for shorebirds but had none beyond a few Killdeer.  A brief walk at Arcadia turned up some decent stuff including a Dickcissel, a Yellow Warbler, a Orange crowned Warbler and at least eleven Lincoln's Sparrow plus my first White crowned Sparrows of the fall.  I managed to get a few marginal photos with my phone through the binoculars of a couple of the notable species.  Full list from Arcadia here: http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S31782690

No comments:

Post a Comment