Thursday, September 26, 2013

Arcadia meadows

Clay colored Sparrow, Arcadia, Sep 26, 2013
Clay colored Sparrow, Arcadia, Sep 26, 2013
Yellow Warbler, Arcadia, Sep 26, 2013
White crowned Sparrow, Arcadia, Sep 26, 2013
I spent a little time this morning exploring a few spots at Arcadia and was rewarded with some decent birds.  The biggest surprise was a Clay colored Sparrow that popped up along the trolley line.  I also had a Grasshopper Sparrow in the same area.  Other notable birds included seven Lincoln's Sparrows, two White crowned Sparrows, two Bobolinks, a few flyover American Pipits and Horned Larks plus a Yellow Warbler, Tennessee Warbler and lots of Palm Warblers.  Once again I wish I had more time as I barely started covering the area before I ran out of time.  Late in the morning I got a report from Bob Z that he had a Nelson’s Sparrow in the Honeypot among other migrants.  He saw it briefly and then was unable to relocate the bird.  It could be anywhere down there or long gone at this point but I will try to catch up with it.



No comments:

Post a Comment