Thursday, April 4, 2013

Mid week birds

Common Loon, Winsor Dam, Apr 4, 2013
Common Loon, Winsor Dam, Apr 4, 2013
American Wigeon (rear middle) with Mallards and Black Ducks, Hadley Cove, Hadley, MA, Apr 4, 2013


I stopped briefly at Hadley Cove on the way to work and had a nice assortment of waterfowl with 125+ Mallards, three Northern Pintails, 16 Green winged Teal, a pair of American Wigeon and 18 Black Ducks.  On my way home I stopped at Winsor Dam and despite the boats being on the water trying to keep the gulls away I still had a Common Loon in close.  The bird was the first loon I have seen this season in full breeding plumage.

Also had my first Black Bear of the season when one showed up at dusk at home.  I guess my bird feeding is done for another season.

No comments:

Post a Comment