Saturday, March 10, 2012

Quabbin Park

Common Loon, Quabbin Park, Mar 10, 2012

Common Loon, Quabbin Park, Mar 10, 2012

I got out early to get over to Quabbin Park to take a look around before the winds picked up today.  Winsor Dam had no waterfowl at all and the only bird I found on the reservoir was a Common Loon near Goodnough Dike.  I took a couple of distant digiscoped photos with my phone of the loon at full zoom to try and get better with obtaining documentation photos if I don't have my usual camera with me.  The most productive spot for waterfowl was the route 9 marsh which had eleven Hooded Mergansers, four Mallards and ten Canada Geese plus a very vocal kingfisher (one of two seen today).  The flocks of blackbirds and grackles have also increased during the last few days with hundreds of birds seen this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment