Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Another Black Vulture


Black Vulture, Northampton, MA, June 17, 2014
Black Vulture, Northampton, MA, June 17, 2014
Black Vulture, Northampton, MA, June 17, 2014
Although I didn’t really have time to bird today I still managed to run across some good stuff including a Black Vulture soaring with a couple of Red tailed Hawks along Bridge Road near the Lathrop Community in Northampton.  I was able to quickly pull over and snap a few photos before the birds disappeared to the east.  My best year so far for this increasingly common visitor from the south.  This has been my fourth time seeing this species this year in Hampshire County (all other times involving two birds with sightings in March, May and June).  Last year I had two sightings of the species (two together in March and a single in March).  My only other county records come from 2007 and 2010. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment