Monday, November 23, 2009

Texas Day 7 November 2




The seventh and final day of my Texas trip. I began the day before dawn driving the road up past NABA park and back around to my cabin. I had three Common Pauraque quite close together and then another right before my cabin when I returned. I then packed up my 'stuff and headed out toward Estero Llano Grande SP. I arrived before the park opened but still managed some nice birds before I could get into the park proper. Once the park opened I headed out toward Alligator Lake after checking out the various species in the ponds. I finally got to see one of the Eastern Screech Owl sitting in its nest box. After a few hours walking the various trails here I decided to continue toward the Harlingen airport. I made it there fairly quickly so I spent the extra time exploring the Hugh Ramsey Park just down the road from the airport. Nothing out of the ordinary here but nice to get one last taste of warmth before heading back home. I arrived at the airport around 1 and began my trip home.















My total species of birds for the trip totalled 179 with 13 of those life birds and 50 new Texas birds. It was a great trip full of good sightings. I highly recommend a trip down there for anyone who has never gone before.

No comments:

Post a Comment