Monday, March 25, 2024

Say's Phoebe and others the last several days as I fight a cold

Say's Phoebe, Winsor Dam, Quabbin Park, MA, Mar 25, 2024
Eggs in  duck box #1, Home, Belchertown, MA, Mar 25, 2024
Hooded Merganser eggs in  duck box #3, Home, Belchertown, MA, Mar 25, 2024
Eastern Phoebe, Lake Wallace, Belchertown, MA, Mar 20, 2024
Black capped Chickadee with leg bands, Tufted Titmouse and Dark eyed Junco, Home, Belchertown, MA, Mar 19, 2024
Raccoon, Home, Belchertown, MA, Mar 19, 2024
Pine Siskin, Home, Belchertown, MA, Mar 17, 2024

After coming down with a cold almost a week and a half ago the symptoms have faded a bit still not back to normal.  The weather lately has not been really great for birding with mainly cool temps, breezy conditions (mainly out of the north) and some heavy rain.  I have gotten a little birding in at times but mainly I have been staying home.  Nonetheless I have still had some good stuff including the long staying Say's Phoebe continuing through today and lots of Eastern Phoebes.  The camera at the water feature continues to capture birds and mammals.  A check of the duck boxes today found a Hooded Merganser on eggs in duck box #3 and a full clutch of eggs in duck box #1 (still unknown on the species but I suspect another Hooded Merganser nest).  Oddly still no eggs in duck box #2, which is the first time since I put the boxes up that I have not had eggs in that box.  The rest of the month looks to feature less than great migration conditions but I will try to get out to find stuff when work and weather allows.

No comments:

Post a Comment