Sunday, March 8, 2020

Catching up with a few unusual birds this morning after my return from the tropics

Yellow rumped Warbler 'myrtle', Arcadia, Northampton, MA, Mar 8, 2020
Yellow rumped Warbler 'myrtle', Arcadia, Northampton, MA, Mar 8, 2020
Greater White fronted Goose, Arcadia, Northampton, MA, Mar 8, 2020
Wilson happy to have me home and out for a walk, Belchertown, MA, Mar 8, 2020
After returning late last night from another trip to the tropics (much more on that later once I get the photos processed) I headed out early this morning to track down some birds that I have not yet had for the year in the county as well as some continued rarities.  My main stop was to Arcadia where I caught up with the recently arrived Greater White fronted Goose as well as the continued Brown Thrasher and Yellow rumped Warblers.  I made a few more quick stops on my way home and added more species for the day.  Waterfowl diversity and numbers certainly have increased while I was down south with eleven species during my relatively short time out looking around this morning.
Bobcat, Home, Belchertown, MA, Feb 19, 2020
A check on the cameras at home turned up some good stuff including a nice shot of a Bobcat in the middle of the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment