Thursday, January 10, 2019

Back at home again

Cackling Goose, UMASS, Amherst, MA, Jan 10, 2019
Cackling Geese among Canada Geese, UMASS, Amherst, MA, Jan 10, 2019
Snow Goose, UMASS, Amherst, MA, Jan 10, 2019
Gray Catbird, UMASS, Amherst, MA, Jan 10, 2019
Went out this morning to run some errands after getting back from another great trip to Costa Rica late last night (more details on that trip in a later post once I get all the photos downloaded and edited) and made a few stops while out and about.  Highlights for the morning included a Merlin and American Kestrel along South Maple Street, a Snow Goose and two Cackling Geese at the campus pond at UMASS plus a Gray Catbird, Hermit Thrush and Ruby crowned Kinglet elsewhere at UMASS.  I found a total of 48 species for the morning...a productive start to my 2019 in Hampshire County.  I will be giving an extra effort this year to track down as many warblers as I can and although I have not found any yet I'm hopeful the extra effort will find me some late season warblers...I will update on this quest for warblers as the year moves forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment