Saturday, June 25, 2016

Brief stops this week

Savannah Sparrow, Hadley, MA, June 24, 2016
Black Vultures, Hadley, MA, June 24, 2016
Yesterday I made a brief stop at the vulture roost in Hadley and had two Black Vultures as well as the Savannah Sparrow that gives an odd hiccup at the end of an otherwise normal song.  Links to video of the sparrow below:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/54277284@N05/27794673162/in/dateposted-public/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/54277284@N05/27617597420/in/dateposted-public/

Great Egret, Lower Mill Pond, Easthampton, MA, June 23, 2016
Great Egret, Lower Mill Pond, Easthampton, MA, June 23, 2016
Gray Catbird with leg bands, home, Belchertown, MA, June 23, 2016
On Thursday morning after work I checked a few locations on my way home with the highlight being a Great Egret in Easthampton at Lower Mill Pond, a fairly unusual species in June here.  Arcadia and the vulture roost was fairly quiet.  I also got a call on my way home that the Griffiths had the bander from the neighborhood nestwatch program in their yard.  I stopped by briefly and got to see a few birds get banded. Speaking of banded birds I had a Gray Catbird that was banded last year in June show itself again.  I saw the individual in early to mid May but then it disappeared until it resurfaced today.
Black Vultures, Hadley, MA, June 22, 2016
Black Vultures, Hadley, MA, June 22, 2016
Stopped by the vulture roost Wednesday morning and in among the Turkey Vultures were two Black Vultures in the same spot I Had them yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment