Saturday, December 11, 2010

Birds at home

Red-breasted Nuthatch, Belchertown, MA, December, 11, 2010
Eastern Bluebird, Belchertown, MA, December 11, 2010
Eastern Bluebird, Belchertown, MA, December 11, 2010

After a brief morning trip to Quabbin Park where I tried (unsuccessfully) to find the previously seen Red Crossbills I made my way back home to catch up on some outside work at the house. During my time here I had the usual parade of feeder birds coming and going and then in the afternoon a group of four adult male Eastern Bluebirds showed up and stayed around for about 20 minutes before moving on. Some managed to stay still long enough to allow a few photos. A pair of Red breasted Nuthatch's also added to the photographic subjects available.


2 comments:

  1. Great shots, Larry! I love the shades of blue and the expressive eye in the second photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. At least one bluebird came back around today for a few minutes despite the heavy rain

    ReplyDelete