Saturday, December 19, 2009

Florida trip December 5-12




I thought with the impending storm it would be a good time to look back at my recent trip to central Florida. Although not strictly a birding trip I did manage to get out at least a bit most days. Totals for the trip were 116 species of which three were life birds and four were new to my Florida list. The weather varied from sunny with near record heat in the mid 80's to cloudy days and temperatures in the 60's. Overall a nice bit of enjoyable weather in comparison to what we have here at home. I will post a few times to review the trip over the next few weeks.




The first full day I spent southeast and south or Orlando and visited the following areas in the morning: Split Oak Mitigation Park, Brinson Park and the Lakeshore park in Kissimmee. I then made a short trip in the afternoon to the Tibet Butler Preserve near Disney. Nothing out of the ordinary for the day but some nice looks at typical Florida birds.

No comments:

Post a Comment