Saturday, February 20, 2010

February birding...

It has been about a month since my last post so I thought I would try and get a post on here today. The avian activity has dwindled down and my free time has done the same. I have a few sightings of interest to report from the last few days. The weather has been seasonable mild with daytime temps near 40 which has greatly reduced the snow cover. I have had a Winter Wren singing a partial song the last couple mornings at home. The wren has been around all fall and winter. This morning I made a stop at Covey WMA and Quabbin Park (Winsor Dam only). Covey had a group of eight Eastern Bluebirds together. Quabbin had a flock of 54 Cedar Waxwings, three Bald Eagles and a continuing Common Loon in one of the only open sections of water on the Quabbin. In addition a couple of Coyotes patrolled the ice out near Gate 5. A fairly nice morning to be out with little wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment