Monday, September 21, 2026

Migration peaks as the third week of September starts

Blue headed Vireo
Blue headed Vireo, Reed Conservation Area, Belchertown, MA, Sep 15, 2026
Rainbow
Rainbow, Arcadia, Easthampton, MA, Sep 16, 2026
Green Heron
Green Heron, Silvio Conte NWR-Fort River, Hadley, MA, Sep 14, 2026
Black Vulture
Black Vulture, Silvio Conte NWR-Fort River, Hadley, MA, Sep 14, 2026
Least Skipper
Least Skipper, Silvio Conte NWR-Fort River, Hadley, MA, Sep 14, 2026
Eastern tailed Blue
Eastern tailed Blue, Silvio Conte NWR-Fort River, Hadley, MA, Sep 14, 2026
Black and White Warbler
Black and White Warbler, Belchertown, MA, Sep 12,  2026
American Redstart
American Redstart, Belchertown, MA, Sep 11, 2026
Northern Parula
Northern Parula, Belchertown, MA, Sep 11, 2026
Ovenbird
Ovenbird, Belchertown, MA, Sep 11, 2026

It has been tough each and every day to get over the loss of my long term birding bud Wilson and I have tried to get out birding to get my mind off of him for awhile but as he was with me constantly most every place I go reminded me of him.  I sincerely hope it will get better with time and I think it will however at this point it is tough beyond words.  He was such a huge part of my life I feel empty without him.  To just add to the shitty last week and a half my camera broke and I had to send it back to Canon for a several hundred dollar repair.  I have tried to use my old Canon 7D without a lot of success.  Migration continues as the peak of diversity arrives and I have had some decent mornings and I reached a milestone on the 17th with my 500th species in the US this year with a Philadelphia Vireo (I have never had this many species in the US in a single year as I typically don't travel as widely in the US in a single year).  Hopefully I will get my camera back soon and can add some photos...for now the selection of photos is quite limited.  On a positive note I got to bird a little with former valley birders Devin and Aidan on the 14th at Silvio Conte NWR-Fort River.

No comments:

Post a Comment