Friday, September 25, 2026

Early season nor'easter for the weekend could bring in some birds

Winsor Dam
Winsor Dam, Quabbin Park, MA, Sep 24, 2026
View to northeast from Gate 52 showing very low water level
View to northeast from Gate 52 showing very low water level, Quabbin Park, MA, Sep 23, 2026
Winsor Dam
Winsor Dam, Quabbin Park, MA, Sep 22, 2026

We look to be impacted by an early season nor'easter for the upcoming weekend and the potential certainly exists for a rarity to get blown in with the strong northeasterly winds.  In fact the winds have been fairly strong out of the northeast for several days and a rarity has already shown up thanks to the winds with a Leach's Storm Petrel flying over the Mount Holyoke College campus during Ted's bird migration class walk on Tuesday morning.  I checked multiple spots for it (or another) the last few days without any luck.  I will try to drag myself out to check a few areas during the weekend and with a lot of luck perhaps I will find something interesting to add some brightness to this crappy month.

No comments:

Post a Comment