Tuesday, August 11, 2026

Marsh birds the last few days

Marsh Wren
Marsh Wren, Silvio Conte NWR-Fort River, Hadley, MA, Aug 11, 2026
Marsh Wren
Marsh Wren, Silvio Conte NWR-Fort River, Hadley, MA, Aug 11, 2026
Marsh Wren
Marsh Wren, Silvio Conte NWR-Fort River, Hadley, MA, Aug 11, 2026
Green Heron
Green Heron, Rail Trail, Amherst, MA, Aug 11, 2026
Great Blue Heron
Great Blue Heron, Rail Trail, Amherst, MA, Aug 11, 2026
Green Heron
Green Heron, Lake Wallace, Belchertown, MA, Aug 11, 2026
Green Heron
Green Heron, Lake Wallace, Belchertown, MA, Aug 9, 2026
Great Egret
Great Egret, Lake Wallace, Belchertown, MA, Aug 9, 2026
Great Blue Heron
Great Blue Heron, Lake Wallace, Belchertown, MA, Aug 9, 2026
Wilson relaxing
Wilson relaxing, Home, Belchertown, MA, Aug 11, 2026

This time of year is when the potential for some unusual waders to show up as they disperse after breeding and I have been out looking everyday.  No rarities (yet) but I have had great numbers of Green Herons (highest count so far for the season is 24 at Lake Wallace on August 9th.  Green Herons were around in good numbers at a variety of other locations as well.  I have also had multiple Great Blue Herons and a single Great Egret.  I also added at least two (possibly three) Marsh Wrens this morning at Silvio Conte NWR-Fort River...my 222nd species in Hampshire County for the year...not too bad with being gone most of the winter plus a few weeks in summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment