Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Warm weather for my return from Mexico

Yellow rumped Warbler 'myrtle', East Meadows, Northampton, MA, Feb 5, 2019
Yellow rumped Warbler 'myrtle', East Meadows, Northampton, MA, Feb 5, 2019
Winsor Dam, Quabbin Park, MA, Feb 5, 2019
The nice weather I had down in Mexico seems to have followed me back north with near record temperatures (nearly 60) with sun the last couple days (much more about that trip soon) .  A far cry from the below zero temperatures from just a few days ago (when I was thankfully not here!).  I got out a bit today to enjoy the warmth and see what I could find.  The recent frigid temperatures had nearly completely frozen the Quabbin at Winsor Dam with just a couple slivers of open water.  The Swift River in Ware was still largely open and held a few species of waterfowl plus a Hermit Thrush surviving the winter in a dense thicket nearby.  With such nice weather I decided to try my luck in relocating the Yellow rumped Warbler in the East Meadows that was present through at least late January.  I was happy to see that it had survived and seemed to be doing well.
Bobcat, Home, Belchertown, MA, Jan 22, 2019
Bobcat, Home, Belchertown, MA, Jan 22, 2019
Eastern Cottontail, Home, Belchertown, MA, Jan 23, 2019
Raccoon, Home, Belchertown, MA, Jan 24, 2019
Bobcat, Home, Belchertown, MA, Feb 3, 2019
Eastern Coyote, Home, Belchertown, MA, Feb 3, 2019
I also checked the cameras at the house and turned up a number of stuff including several captures of a Bobcat as well as an Eastern Coyote, Raccoon and Eastern Cottontail. 

No comments:

Post a Comment