Friday, August 16, 2024

Little Blue Heron and others for the middle of August

Little Blue Heron, Fitzgerald Lake Conservation Area, Northampton, MA, Aug 15, 2024
Great Egret, Fitzgerald Lake Conservation Area, Northampton, MA, Aug 16, 2024
Great Blue Heron, Fitzgerald Lake Conservation Area, Northampton, MA, Aug 16, 2024
Tennessee Warbler, Silvio Conte NWR-Fort River, Hadley, MA, Aug 16, 2024
Yellow throated Vireo, Reed Conservation Area, Belchertown, MA, Aug 14, 2024
Scarlet Tanager, Reed Conservation Area, Belchertown, MA, Aug 14, 2024
Green Heron, Rail trail, Amherst, MA, Aug 14, 2024
Prairie Warbler, Covey WMA, Belchertown, MA, Aug 13, 2024
Eastern Bluebird, Covey WMA, Belchertown, MA, Aug 13, 2024
American Redstart, Quabbin Park, MA, Aug 13, 2024
Red eyed Vireo, Quabbin Park, MA, Aug 13, 2024
Indigo Bunting, Ware, MA, Aug 13, 2024
American Goldfinch, Rail trail, Ware, MA, Aug 13, 2024

Despite being stuck at work quite a bit the last few days I still got out a bit and turned up some good stuff including a Little Blue Heron in Northampton.  I have also found a variety of warblers the last few days including another early Tennessee Warbler.  At this point in August I sit at 144 species for Hampshire County, which is my second highest total ever at this point in August for the county (only last year was better when I had 148 species at this point...last year turned out to be my best August ever with 166 species by the end of the month).  I doubt I will break my record from last year unless a hurricane hits the area and brings lots of rarities with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment