Saturday, April 18, 2015

Back from Costa Rica and some new local arrivals

Blue Gray Tanager, Rio Magnolia Lodge, Costa Rica, Apr 16, 2015
Just back from a trip down to Costa Rica and still recovering from jet lag and a bit of a stomach bug but otherwise doing fine!  I'll post more about Costa Rica later when I'm feeling better and have the numerous photos from there sorted out. 
Bonaparte's Gull, Winsor Dam, Quabbin Park, MA, Apr 18, 2015

Bonaparte's Gulls, Winsor Dam, Quabbin Park, MA, Apr 18, 2015
Bonaparte's Gull, Winsor Dam, Quabbin Park, MA, Apr 18, 2015
Winsor Dam (pleasantly ice free now), Quabbin Park, MA, Apr 18, 2015
I spent a little time out this morning before heading home and caught up with several species that had arrived here while I was away.  The most notable sighting was three Bonaparte's Gulls with some other gulls way out on the now ice free reservoir at Winsor Dam.  This makes an impressive eight species of gull in the county this year.  Overall today I had nine new species with just my limited time outside...spring certainly has arrived.

No comments:

Post a Comment