Tuesday, March 13, 2012

A few minutes of waterfowl in the AM

Another warm day in the valley with temperatures yet again topping out around 70.  Truly amazing for March 13th!  The day began rainy and in the 40’s but eventually changed to a mix of sun and clouds with a breeze from the south.  I had only a limited time this morning so I stopped briefly in the rain at Winsor Dam.  I had a couple male and a female Hooded Merganser but little else.  I then headed to work stopping briefly at Hadley Cove which had at least 22 Green-winged Teal, three Northern Pintails and the usual assortment of Canada Geese and Mallards. 

Today also marks a sad anniversary for me. It has now been two years since I lost my good buddy Kody. He was a great dog and a true companion. It is hard to believe it has been two years. I certainly still miss him but now I have Wilson to join me on my walks so it does make it a bit easier. He is gone but not forgotten
Kody and his favorite toy

Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment