Saturday, December 29, 2018

Two vulture species plus some geese this morning

Black Vulture, Hadley, MA, Dec 29, 2018
Snow Goose, UMASS pond, Amherst, MA, Dec 29, 2018
 Canada Goose with unusual markings, UMASS pond, Amherst, MA, Dec 29, 2018
Canada Goose with unusual markings, UMASS pond, Amherst, MA, Dec 29, 2018
Canada Goose with unusual markings, UMASS pond, Amherst, MA, Dec 29, 2018
Although I had just a little bit of free time after work this morning I still managed to turn up some good stuff with just a couple brief stops.  My first stop was over to the campus pond at UMASS where I had a Snow Goose in among 1800+ Canada Geese.  Although I found a few small Canada Geese I could not find any Cackling Geese among the hordes.  I did have a few oddly marked Canada Geese and got photos of most of them.  My next stop was a brief one along Moody Bridge Road in Hadley where I had both a Black Vulture and a Turkey Vulture flying around.  The vultures added a couple more species to my December list for the county, breaking the 100 species mark...something I had never been able to accomplish in December before.
Bobcat, Home, Belchertown, MA, Dec 24, 2018
Raccoons,  Home, Belchertown, MA, Dec 21, 2018
Black capped Chickadee with leg bands, Home, Belchertown, MA, Dec 28, 2018
I also checked the cameras at the house today and found another capture of a Bobcat, plus a couple Raccoons together as well as the continued banded Black capped Chickadees.

No comments:

Post a Comment